Friday, August 16, 2019

Don’t play with your food and sit up straight


I was a tough mother, no getting around it … I was strict... How strict … well my brother would threatened his children if they did not behave, they would have to spend the summer with Aunt Mary, strict. And his children would normally change their behavior, with the threat of boot camp at Aunt Mary’s.

One of the many things I was “tough” about was table manners … sit up straight , elbows off the table, chew with your mouth closed, use your fork not your fingers, don’t slurp your soup  … napkins on your lap … things which in my mind separates us from the animals in the woods!  To the mind of a child it is dinner with Satan … 


I do not like “playing with your food either”… do not overload your plate, then you cannot finish the food and then you sit there and “play with your food”… or with a kid they hate veggies so they play with their veggies or accidentally drop them on the floor or feed them to the dog.

Or in the case of my eldest daughter when it came to eating her veggies (especially peas) she would become a Thespian right at the dinner table … 

with a dramatic grabbing of her throat and then she would proceed to gag or perhaps dry heave at the mere taste of one pea on her palate (she only had to eat 3 peas) to show me she would at least try them …  I would sit and watch this child of mine do her dramatic pea routine at the dinner table and think this kid would make a really good actress … her ability to method act is intense …

if anyone were to walk into the room and see her they would swear she was being abused and forced to eat something poisonous and vile .. I was impressed … and sure enough she did go on to act in plays during her  high school years and she was a really good actress … 

I wonder was it the ”pea drama” that sparked this talent in her ???     

As for my younger daughter, she liked veggies and hated pizza … wow this kid was like a space alien to me... Preferring healthy food to junk food, which took away my  ability to bribe her with sugar. What are you going to say “if you’re good I will give you a carrot?”... 
It seemed so unnatural to me! 

Whereas with my eldest daughter give her a bag of French fires and I owed her …      

This is why I was so shocked when I saw my youngest daughter craved up a fruit .. knowing she likes veggies and fruit so much .. look what she did to this poor pumpkin...


   

I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...