Friday, July 5, 2019

Val and I trying to figure out how to take a selfie at a Church in Paterson NJ
June 2019


Val and me with the Easter bunny 2019
Val Spagnola and I... photo taken in Washington DC at the wedding reception of my eldest daughter (2000)


Val is like a sister to me I have known her and her family for nearly 30 years. She and her family are the best I watched her children grow up for the most part, attended their weddings, shared in the family's delight when the grandchildren came along and Val did the same with my family ...

I have to say Val is a more of a hands on type of grandma than I am, she goes 24/7. I love my grandchildren but I do not have the type of relationship Val has with her grand kids... I get tired just hearing about her day with her grandchildren. I have a social circle outside of my family, I write, I take courses, I volunteer and I always seem to have the need to learn more and do more. I love meeting new people hearing about their lives so as my one daughter once said ... I am always working the crowd ... 

Oh by the way you  might recognize Val from the New Jersey housewives ... her daughter is Dolores 
 
 Val and the whole family have been on the show many times... 
Maybe I should look through all my old photos of the Spag family and share some of them with you ... 

I spent this past Easter Sunday with the Spag family ... wonderful time ... 


 https://www.bravotv.com/people/dolores-catania 


The Photo above is of Larry and Val Spagnola and "Frankie"... Frankie is the "hottie" who graces romance novel covers and who girls melt over, a very smart young man who is in college and working on Wall Street for the summer ... to me Frankie will always be that adorable little boy, who loved to stay with his Nanna ...What a good kid (as all Val's grandchildren are) They are smart, loving and really good people 

Louie Spag ... stirring the gravy he made for the pasta Easter 2019... the guy is a great cook and a wonderful human being 
life is sweet

My grandchildren


I am not a typical grandma … I love my grandchildren and like to spoil them, but I also like to do my own thing … I am not defined by being a grandma nor do I think it is my job to tell my daughters how to raise their children … they do not belong to me (ultimately each child belongs to God) but while on this planet they belong to their parents … are there things I see things I do not agree with … of course!!! Will I point it out usually not, you have to pick your battles in life … Unless I see harm being done to a child (any child) I usually just say a prayer … No parent is perfect and no child will grow and be free of “issues”,  stemming from the way they were raised in comes with the territory. 

My job is to sneak the grand-kids candies and cookies when I am told not to and give them a high 5 when we get away with it! And to go on walks with them, play Frisbee with them and ask them how they are doing (you can tell grandma anything) … when they were very young the girls and I would play dress up, jump rope and hop scotch and the boys and I would play super heroes (I had my own super hero cape) … times have changed all kids now are on their video games or cell phones … really sad … for society and family values …


I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...