Saturday, August 17, 2019

Man I am always too early or too late in life


40 year ago I was given a “million dollar moment” or at least a million hit video and did not know it!
Well to be fair…  There was no YouTube 40 years ago … 

but I see a little boy on YouTube is a star for something he did when my youngest daughter did this all the time as child!!! It is not fair that kid’s mother is marketing her kid’s talent and his hanging tough to a lie….. When my own daughter’s talent in this area went unnoticed to the public as a child….

Let me explain….

My youngest daughter always liked to draw… …Naturally I had purchased for her crayons, markers, paints and the socially acceptable place to draw and express her talent .. Paper and coloring books …

Yet magically I would find on my walls “primitive art works”… … Stick people with a signature underneath each drawing with a backward “D” signature on the bottom … the funny thing was my youngest daughter signed her name the exact same way at the time and although I am not an art critic I saw similar style to the art work on my walls and the art work being created,  by this daughter on paper …


So I took this daughter and we stood before the primitive art piece drawn on my wall and I asked her “did you do this”... Her reply with a straight face “No I didn’t” …

 my next question, well it looks like the stuff you draw on paper and it is signed with your name … So I will ask you again... did you do this… without skipping a beat or looking in the least bit guilty again she said,  “No I did not do it”…

 now I am a bit annoyed.. Not that she drew on the wall but for the fact with a straight face this kid is lying to me… and I wanted to teach her a lesson in personal responsibility … if you make a mistake “own it” so we can move on …

So now I am thinking how can I make this kid fess up … so I point out to this daughter look the “D” in your name (on the drawing on the wall)  is backwards just like you sign all you other drawings .. 

So one last time … did you do this … there was a bit of a pause as if this kid was calculating in her mind … Hmmm that is compelling evidence how am I going to overcome the obvious … her answer was “my sister did it”…

So now I am thinking OMG….. This kid will not just fess up to her “crime” and now she trying to convince me she was framed by her sister … now I have a mental picture … this kid is destined to be a politician …

So my next question to her was … so you are saying your sister, “set you up to get into trouble me with?” … her answer was “yes I did not do it”… 
  
Fast forward 40 years and this daughter will still not admit to me she “drew on the walls” and she holds firm to the “fact” that anytime she got into trouble as a kid it was because her sister set her up…  

So here is the little boy who also draws on walls / mirrors and refuses to fess up that he did it… I think in another life time that kid and my daughter where friends!




I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...