Friday, June 21, 2019

Success is more than money



Of course one needs money to survive in the world; yet what the world really needs is people of character, people who are so outstanding they mark human history. Sadly the single mother has been looked down upon as not being able to raise a child into being such a person. This is especially true of those labeled “conservative married people”… they tend to judge the single mother the most... I will never forget my eldest child’s high school orientation”… The parents had to attend the evening session to be “lectured” as to how be a “good parent to your new high school student” (as if being a good parent only started with your child in high school) … of course the single moms there were only a handful, most of the mothers being married and conservative (it was a religious school) …
And I will never forget the woman who spoke on how to help your child to “adjust” to high school and what you should do as a parent spoke … now this woman was “married” and she was now telling me how to parent my child … but the irony of this woman was her son had been arrested a few times and her daughter was known to her peers to be a bit “fast” and the young girl wore enough makeup to be in the clown section of a circus … and I thought wow … this woman is telling me how to parent??? Maybe she should look into her own family before she gives others advice!

As a single parent you are going to be lectured about how you are doing a disservice to your child by raising them in a single parent home, on how they will grow up twisted, drug addicted losers … yet I have failed to see true stats where that can be proven… Yes there is usually more money in a two parent household, so more “things” can be given to a child growing up, but is there more character in that home???  Maybe not for the child is taught to value things outside themselves not the things within …  

I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...