Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Always insecure and second guessing yourself?




As a single mother you cannot help but feel insecure and guilty at times, society as well as your own thinking places that on you. More so in the past (when I was a single mother) then now, but it is still there. You are looked down upon by many, as being pathetic and your children will feel “rejection” at times, because they come from a single parent home … They are labeled “different” to be pity, poor things they will never amount to anything Life… and many times these disparaging remarks come from those who claim to be “religious and charitable”… not so much … 

In the past I might have said “you need to learn to forgive yourself” … but now,  I know there is nothing to “forgive” for your role as single parent, there is nothing sinful in being such, which should make you down on yourself … if other people have an issue with that … it is just that “their issue”, not yours.

That is not to say a parent does not make mistakes in raising their children, we all do and that is not confined to being married or single. On some levels the greatest test in life for a child is surviving their childhood, and that holds true for the parent surviving raising them.  
So when you fall into those “down days thinking”, remember just try your best… that is all we have in life intent and to try our best… it also does not hurt if you add prayer to that mix… there is a God and he is not judging you … God knows, man judges you enough, God does not and will never add to that mix he loves you!    


Me as a young mother my two small daughters to my left.Family party in the backyard of my home, man in front of photo is Uncle Bob from Joilet,  IL... he and his wife Aunt Rose flew in for the party... Uncle Bob owned his own plane and flew into Caldwell airport (where JFK, Jr. kept his plane) ...Uncle Bob took me and my brother flying with him on one occasion and allowed me to sit in the co-pilot's seat ... and even "fly" the plane for a second! Awesome experience ... I can see why he was hooked on flying his own plane,  as was JFK, Jr  


I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...