Sunday, September 22, 2019

Bad choices


Opposite attract but they cannot maintain (as in a relationship). I think back on my marriage, my former husband was the opposite of me in all manners … I like funky things and talking to all kinds of people, no matter their status in life, my former husband not so much. I like to work a room and meet everyone in it … my former husband not so much. He had pretty much a flat affect and I was always flying high.
  
My former husband is from a small town in the Wisconsin and the town and people who lived there, when I first met him were very much Parochial school … very class minded … if you had money you did not talk to those who did not … I remember being “schooled” by my former mother-in-law, for talking to the help at one of their nursing homes and for wearing jeans or even pants … a “lady wore” dresses in that town!  And I also recall one other thing that ticked my former mother-in -law off,  I always walked barefoot in the house… she hated that and said “it was peasant feet” to do so … so I tried to do it more just to tick her off and I also continued to talk to everyone ..

 On some level I might have been “Yankee trash” or a New York liberal to her … a position I loved to have ... I married very young and if I saw a weakness in your character I would hit you on it … especially if I thought you were being a snob … I still do!  
  
But one of the many things that destroyed my marriage was my former husband’s attitude towards women … in the beginning I thought it was “cute” or maybe he was just jesting … until I realized,  no… it was a mind frame… such as when my former husband was in medical school there was only one woman in his class … she was 40 years old, older than the average med student, her name was Faith … My former husband would always say, why is she there, she is taking up a seat that a man could have …

Then I watched how his family treated his own mother … and I started to feel bad about how I busted on her with the way I dressed … her children and her husband gave her no respect at all… and it is true you want a good husband watch how they treated their mother growing up and as an adult … Poor Helen had no respect given her, she was tolerated at best and cheated upon. And this was the example the father (my former father-in-law) gave his sons as to how women are to be treated, with disrespect and to be cheated upon …

Once we had daughters I thought about this long and hard … and decided nope my daughters will be treated with respect and be that woman in a medical school if they choose to be …
Joe Biden and Donald Trump have that creepy old school thinking about women like my former husband had. To them all I say, “F” you and get a clue women are equal or maybe even advanced in some areas, deal with it …              

I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...