Friday, July 26, 2019

Stopping judging and “talking down to them” get them help…


A child will consider parents and relatives “talking to them” about their behavior and invitation to go into the opposite direction… Under the best of circumstances a pre-teen and teenager is in “rebellion”… you and your family represents to them all that is wrong in the world and what they do not want to be … Your “talking to them and saying how bad their behavior is” … counterproductive for a child who is truly acting out …

A parent has to realize they do not have all the answers and although they may “think they know their child” at the end of the day they do not, no one knows another on the level of inner thoughts, anger, anxiety and torment … The parent has to lay done their pride that they have the answer ... and usually with a really troubled child family therapy is needed ... you cannot fix a child if they are returning home to the environment that caused the issue in the first place ... 



I post on several blogs one concerning children who have been sexual abused. I am advocate for the rights of children and this issue is be beyond disturbing to me.


These children 95% of the time, will not tell their parents what happened to them. There seems to be common reaction with these children though they can become extremely depressed/ quite/ or they can be aggressive and bully other children especially in their own home.

 If your child’s behavior seems extreme or aggressive maybe it is time to take them to a therapist, to see what is really going on with them …

Every parent will say not my child they tell me everything … I call BS on that the parent is usually the last one they tell… nor will they tell a relative (probably not a good idea to even try) if a kid is out of control, there is a reason behind it,  they need help .. 

They are acting out for a reason and the reasons can be many
Did the child move a great deal and has no close friends
Are they online a lot?  
Has your child been at sleep away camp or in an environment where they might have been exposed to be predator (unfortunately this is a thought you need to have in this day and age)

Are they isolated in location and with peers?
 If your child is defiant to the level of causing conflicts at home and disturbing family life, get them help …

What seems to trigger your child’s behavior?
I am not a doctor or degreed in this area … I have lived through a great deal of trauma myself, and I sought help, I know people and children who have been abused, and children who have sever anger issues for whatever issue …

I also have received emails about children who are out of control and have drugs problems …

I know you think “psychologist”, when I say these things… which is good and should be done…

I have also learned over last several years the value of OT (occupational therapy) … not something you first think of when you think of “anger issues” … but I have seen miracles 
with this type of therapy in people of all ages … it is teaching of cognitive skills to control your anger 
 
As a matter of fact I have seen such remarkable results in children with OT … I think in this day and age all children should have OT for every single child is under stress in today’s society and with all the anger issues in the world today … maybe every single person should have OT on how to control behavior 

 But seriously get your kid help and look into “anger issue with children and OT” as well as a therapist … fix it now or the child will only get worse as the pressures on your child increases as they grow.  

I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...