Thursday, July 25, 2019

On being a Unicorn


I was divorced 40 years ago and as such I was somewhat of a unicorn (not common in nature) nor the nature of society back then … even in my own family … yes we had a relative who was married several times that one was just labeled “weird” … I was supposed to have had the idea marriage, now I was divorced … so I was somewhat shunned by my own peeps and looked upon as being a failure … not that I didn’t think that of myself anyhow, they just added to my psychological burden…

Yet maybe the biggest psychological burden was dumped on my children, after the divorce they became baby unicorns in a world of normal children (ah back then how they labeled what was normal, pretty much like today) … so I get the burden that is placed on children today who are “different” not “normal” to the family next door and to society …

So to all unicorns in life the plus side is you are different, which will allow you to be independent and not follow the crowd… you will stand out for your fierce determination to succeed … that is unless you let the “normal” ones take you down… you know the ones, who are all about themselves and want you to look like them, act like them, why hell they just want you to mirror them in life for they within their own minds are perfect … you know the type …

But I know this is hard for a kid and society can be mean … and it is getting meaner and meaner … and as a child you are caught in the chaos of life… and you may have fears and may have monsters within you… I know for I placed a few monsters into my own children’s psyche by divorcing their father …

I even wrote about one such monster … my daughter had fears as child… that there was a monster under her bed or in her closet … she even drew pictures for me on how the monster looked … so I had to do a monster “swept” of her bedroom at night …           


 Lindsay Monsters


They are here, look under the bed ….
Mommy they are in the closet now …
They are looking to be fed
No such thing, Lindsay, now go sleep…
No mommy, they are real and under the bed

Night after night, and day after day
The Lindsay monsters would not go away

The monsters in her room would stay
And never stray from this child’s head
I would open the closet and look under the bed
You see, Lindsay no monsters here to be fed

The monsters are real and a picture she drew
To show mommy she’s wrong and needed a view

Scary indeed were these monsters at age three
Yet they remained invisible to me
I looked with the eyes of someone who was blind
To a child who was looking to find

Her peace and safe in her world that had unwind
For mommy and daddy, she no longer could find

Her home that once had both a mom and dad
To her had become a place of sad
Her monsters were real and lived with her then
And I am fearful they are still in her head

The mommy and daddy that brought her into this world
Made a monster for this little girl

They took her place of safe and secure
And gave her a place she could hardly endure
I live with regret and pain from the heart
That I was bind to the monster that for her will never depart

As she tries to make it in life
I see that I added to her strife

I wish I could fix it and make her life anew
But I understand that is impossible to do
All I can say is I see them now
The monsters I made that still live in your head




 I apologize for the monsters I created in the heads of my children and I apologize to all children who have monsters created in their heads,  by all of us in society ... And I promise you if I see a monster around you,  I will slay them ... 

I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...