Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I was super shy as a kid


People who meet me now cannot believe I was ever shy, yep I was … I was also self-hating on many levels, insecure, felt stupid, could not keep the pace with my fellow classmates … plus until my second year in high school I was a “bit chunky” so I had body image issues … and it did not help that my two older brothers were super smart achievers in life … I was “cute” that was all I had going for me at least that is what I thought back then …I forgot to mention the “mean girls”, yes they existed back then as well as now… well I was like Rudolph the red nose reindeer never allowed to play in their games … so it was lonely and isolating …  

On some level that insecurity never goes away, from inside of you no matter your age … the best you can do is learn to manage it in life… this takes time to do … self-confidence grows slowly inside of you … don’t try to rush it … let it first take root deep in your soul …there is a saying “fake it until you make it”… many people are faking it in life, they are still trying to fine that self-confidence inside of themselves … 

As a kid this seems like an impossible thing to do, you are processing so much in life and where you fit into the world… the ever old… ever new… Question … “Who am I” … let me answer that for you … you are gift from God a remarkable human being who was placed on this planet to enhance it and to make a difference … you may not be feel like you are but you are … the mystery in life is we will never know… just how much our mere presence,  makes a difference  in the life of others … just to see your face, hear you voice is lifting someone up today … if not for you,  they would be sad and lost … that is how important you are to all of us … “just be” … and life will figure itself out around you …

As for the adults with the inner doubts and lack of self-worth … such feelings are both a grace and a curse … A grace it will keep you humble a curse for you also have meaning and destiny to fulfill, which was created just for you … at times you have to walk in blind faith … just keep moving forward and you will reach the finish line …     




I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...