Sunday, July 28, 2019

And they drone on and on …


Wow children in cages … children being separated from parents … a frightening thought to say the least … I see it on Facebook on how many are insulted by this … good for you, but what have you really done to fix the plight of children in the world, beside complaining   about it on Facebook or in your personal conversation, with friends … as you make another cocktail to discuss just how awful it is,  with a “tisk … tisk” …  how awful … hey maybe you even purchased a T-shirt that speaks to how offended you are   … for those on a Time magazine cover…

Let me tell you what I tried to do in the 1980’s …

When I found myself in a battle royal for the rights of children …  I was a single mom with no money … taking my hits in Court big time on this issue … until one day I decided I needed to be bold and think outside of the box … so I drove to a law school … located about 45 minutes away, from me … There I went into the reference library at the school … went up to the reference librarian and said this “show me how to file legal papers in Court on my own”… otherwise known as filing “Pro-Se”…

There was a group of law students in the library when I was there (they were about my age) … they came up to me and said, “We will help you”… I think I was a challenge to them … a brassy woman willing to take on “the giant” called the legal system on her own … so they started to prep me on the ins and outs of what to do inside a Court room to be heard Pro-Se … I filed my first set of papers in the Court and I will be darn… I was heard (but barely) … but since I had filed these papers correctly they had to be heard …

So I went back to my friends at the law school and said this “I need to go bigger”… I am being eaten alive in the courtroom the Judge could care less about the rights of a woman never mind a child …  

They laughed and said … how brassy are you … I smiled and said… you would be impressed, when it comes to the rights of a child and they being in a safe environment …    

So my friends at the law school said this … file a complaint … I said against who … they said … everyone, the County, and the Court and name the judge in it… WOW... I knew the judge by law had blanket immunity, they cannot be sued … so I thought… what … is the point …???

My law student friends said the point is “attention to your cause”. The judge is going to get really pissed off at you and you may get a lot of blow back… every lawyer in that room will come after you as well … My friends asked me are you tuff enough to take the heat … my answer,  yes I am  ..

So my legal friends helped me craft a legal complaint against the County, the court and the judge … and they told me to go big … so I did…  I filed a complaint asking for 10 million dollars to be able to defend the rights of children …

It was so bizarre that anyone had the brass to do this … my legal complaint was picked up by the local newspaper … and there I was in the newspaper “woman files a 10 million dollar law suit against the County, the Court and the Judge” for the  rights of children …  

And my law student friends were right … lots of heat I received in court post that filing … first up the judge who was named could not say anything to me … I was called before the bench and he said this to me “He is removing himself from this case” … if looks could kill, he would have given me the death sentence as he spoke those words …

Within a week I was ordered to appear before another Judge in the same county (my law student friends prepped me for this) … they told me to say this in open Court (which I did) “Your Honor respectfully,  I have named the entire Court system of this County in my complaint and I do not think it appropriate  for me to address this issue with you” … Well the judge went ape shit on me … right there in Court … yelling I am not a lawyer,  I do not have a degree and I should just be glad,  I am in American for in any other country I could be locked up … WOW freak’n WOW … now my law student peeps … told me it could get ugly in Court … and I must remain calm and respectful no matter what was said from the bench …
So I let the judge rant and he finally asked me to just leave his Courtroom... I did and thanked him respectfully …

Within 30 days I received notice from another County that I was to appear before a Judge there … and I did … this time it was younger Judge who looked me in the eye and said this “you come to my Courtroom with history, I have read your complaint and you make fair points and I will listen to you”…

And that Judge true to his word … did listen and was fair …

So what is the moral of this rather lengthy story …?

If you feel something is really unjust in the world try to fix it … in a manner that makes a difference … not just bitching about it online or at a backyard barbecue …

And no I did get 10 million dollars that was not the point anyhow … being heard was …   

And there is a two tiered justice system in the Country one for the wealthy and one for the “common folk” … no wait a minute there is be a 3 tiered justice system … the woman, the child, those of color are in the third tier … so post less online and do more in the world, by action … Civil legal action that is  




I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...