Friday, September 6, 2019

The trap of giving marital advice


I have learned in life to stay out of anyone’s marriage … it is a no win situation and it can be infuriating as well … to be frank, I do not need anyone to do an “emotional dump” on me about their spouse, I have my own emotional issues thank you… do not need a serving of yours… usually the spouse who complains the most is the one most at fault … If you are unhappy and cannot work it out leave the relationship. No one is called to be a martyr “in love” … a person named Jesus Christ already took on that role.

Love is not a “feeling” it is a commitment, first to self as in you made the choice and then to the one to whom you chose to be with … It is ok to say,  “I made a mistake this is not working out and leave”, it is also ok to say,  “ I will stay and work it through”… it is a call of the heart and the tolerance level of the individual … as to what is acceptable personally … If you are staying in a relationship out of guilt you are placing on yourself or others place on you … not a good thing … if you are “just settling” not a good thing either … demeaning  to yourself and to your partner  


The grass is never greener in the next yard … every relationship is hard and needs work … relationships and marriage should never be a “need” as in you need to be married, it should be a “choice” as in you are choosing to be with someone … and if you do not know yourself, you can never know someone else. If you are bringing your own emotional baggage into a relationship, you will always accuse your partner of having the baggage you have not unpacked yourself ...  
        


I have gone "paper"

My single mother or ruthless dictator eBook is now available in “paper”. I have had many people tell me, they prefer “paper” books to di...